Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and we here at URRC have a lot to be thankful for. Rather than write a very long post telling you about all of those things in detail, this year I thought y’all would enjoy this short list before getting back to holiday preparations. Wherever Thanksgiving finds you this year, and whoever you spend it with, I hope you have a warm and safe holiday filled with joy and gratitude.
- The smell of the coffee machine
- Diet root beer (Rich basically runs on the stuff)
- Our amazing intern, Bridget!
- The classical music station (it’s the office soundtrack)
- Our board members!
- Thanksgiving leftovers
- The way paper is warm right out of the printer
- Any sunny day that we get between October and March
- The first cohort of residents at the Women’s Home, an incredible group of people
- Dog sweaters (bonus if the dog also has boots)
- Thanksgiving food, but when you eat it the first time (not as good as the leftovers)
- The incredibly supportive group of residents in the men’s apartments
- Sweaters (non-dog)
- The sound of dried leaves crunching underfoot
- The amazing community of Upper Room Recovery supporters
- Pumpkin pie (yes, it’s a Thanksgiving food, but gets its own listing)